These bars are ideal for anyone looking to use more natural products on their body and hair, and those who are looking to reduce the waste in their bathrooms. Shampoo bars don't contain any of the synthetic ingredients found in commercial shampoo and are free from silicone, sulfates and any chemical that may leach from the packaging. Each bar is approximately 3.5 oz and should last anywhere from 30-40 washes. Shampoo bars are available in Tropical (fruity, tropical scent) or ACV (made with apple cider vinegar and scented with oatmeal, milk and honey fragrance).
Tips & Tricks:
- There is an adjustment period with solid shampoo, your scalp is getting used to not having your natural oils stripped as with commercial shampoo. This adjustment may be as quick as a couple days, up to a week or so. Stick it out!
- Only wash your hair every other day or even less. Over time you will find the sweet spot for you and your water type
- Brush your hair before washing to help reduce tangles
- Wash your hair by either running the bar from root to tip, or lathering the soap in your hand and then washing as usual
- You will notice a squeaky clean feeling, this is normal!
Ingredients include: Olive oil, water, coconut oil, sustainably sourced palm oil, lye (no lye present in the final bar), castor oil, lavender essential oil, peppermint essential oil or fragrance.
Care: To extend the life of your soap, make sure it sits in a draining soap dish and is allowed to dry completely between uses. All of Barn Cat Creations soaps are made by hand in small batches in a studio in Washington's Skagit Valley.